Experience the wonderful and life changing benefits of pilates
Reformer Pilates is a type of Pilates exercise that incorporates the use of a specially designed piece of equipment called a "reformer." Pilates itself is a system of exercises developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century, with the goal of improving flexibility, strength, and overall body awareness. The reformer is a machine that consists of a platform that moves back and forth on rollers within a frame. It also has various adjustable components such as springs, ropes, and straps. These components provide resistance and support for different exercises, making them more challenging or accessible depending on an individual's fitness level and specific goals. In a typical Reformer Pilates session, a person lies, sits, or stands on the moving platform and uses their body weight, along with the resistance provided by the springs and straps, to perform a variety of exercises. These exercises can target different muscle groups and are designed to improve core strength, balance, flexibility, and overall body strength. Reformer Pilates offers several benefits, including:
1. Improved core strength: Many reformer exercises engage the core muscles, helping to strengthen and stabilize the abdominal and back muscles.
2. Increased flexibility: The reformer allows for a wide range of motion and stretches, which can help improve flexibility and joint mobility.
3. Better posture: Reformer Pilates emphasizes proper alignment and body awareness, which can lead to improved posture and reduced risk of injury.
4. Full-body workout: It targets various muscle groups in the body, providing a comprehensive workout.
5. Low-impact: Reformer Pilates is gentle on the joints, making it suitable for people of different fitness levels and ages.
6. Enhanced mind-body connection: Like traditional Pilates, Reformer Pilates focuses on concentration and breath control, promoting a better mind-body connection.
Reformer Pilates sessions are often led by certified Pilates instructors who tailor the exercises to the individual's needs and fitness level. It can be a valuable addition to a fitness routine for those looking to improve strength, flexibility, and overall physical well-being.
Reformer Pilates - Beginner
Our beginner Reformer Pilates class is perfect for those who are new to using a reformer Pilates machine. In this class, you will be introduced to the reformer and work at a more relaxed pace compared to the intermediate class. The studio recommends that you attend at least 8 sessions or, if the instructor approves, you may consider trying the intermediate class. However, this does not mean that you have to switch to the intermediate class after 8 sessions. The decision is entirely up to you.